Scholarships are being offered to New Zealand registered practicing electricians to study and gain NZ Electrical Inspectors registration.
Rules and Criteria
- To be eligible, you must be a practicing electrician registered with the New Zealand Electrical Workers Registration Board.
- Only one application can be made per person to gain initial registration.
- There is no age limit.
- The number of scholarships awarded my vary from year to year, and will be decided by the Executive Committee.
- Scholarships are awarded by the NZEIA Executive Committee, whose decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into with regard to the award of scholarships.
What do you get?
The scholarship being offered has three aspects to it.
Discounted Multifunction Tester
The first one is a voucher to purchase at the candidates cost, an HT Italia 4019 multi-function tester at the reduced price of $1500.00 from the Instrument Supplier. This voucher will be presented to you on award of this scholarship by NZEIA. Hands-on experience with this valuable test instrument will help greatly with your preparation and will allow you to get very familiar with it.
$500 Reimbursement on successful registration
The second aspect is a sponsorship to the value of $500.00. This will be paid on presentation of Inspectors registration upon successful passing of the Inspectors examination.
Free NZEIA membership for two years
You will be given membership of NZEIA for 2 years and will be expected to abide by the rules and ethics of NZEIA. A condition of the free membership is that the recipient will be expected to attend the bi-monthly meetings.
What we expect from you
The applicant must be prepared to devote necessary time to study towards this qualification.
Enrol for a formal course. There are two options:
- Weekly night classes at an approved local training Institute and any practical assessment or study associated with that course, or
- Attend a two week block course at an approved training institute in the two weeks before the examination. With this method candidates may be requested to carry out some study to refresh on Regulations and Standards before attending the block course.
Enrol for the EWRB exam and at the completion of either training course, sit the EWRB Electrical Inspectors examination.
What do we expect in return?
- You must be practicing as an Inspector within six months of passing the examination.
- You have to practice as an Electrical Inspector in New Zealand for at least 2 years after registration as Inspector.
- You must report to NZEIA, after one year's experience, on you progress during that year.
- A condition of the two year free membership is that the recipient will be expected to attend the bi-monthly meetings.
Applications are free.
You have to submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't delay; Apply now if you want to be considered for this year's scholarships.